4.14.2009

black and white kick

I love Picasa.







My little guy is pretty serious, but he does smile and laugh too. His favorite person might be Emma. As a mom, I don't know how I like being the second fiddle! He is scooting around like crazy, and really knows how to move around. He squeals with delight and screams when he is mad. And mad he gets! He loves carrots, squash, and tolerates green beans. Peas are a different story. You would think that he ate dirt after each bite. I love peas, so I am not sure what the problem is. I think he is just like his dad, in many ways. (who also isn't crazy about peas) I am amazed at how much individuality there is even at this young age.
Emma has a stuffed butterfly that she plays with for long stretches each day. One favorite thing that she does is she drops the butterfly, picks it up, and says "Butterfly, did you fall down? It's ok butterfly". She loves to take care of it. She is a daddy's girl for sure. When he comes home she runs to meet him and loves to spend time with him. Emma loves toast and most foods, and likes raw carrots after she saw how much her brother likes them. She loves to be outside and loves going for walks. She is a joy and we are enjoying her very much.
I have 200 pictures on the camera to put on the computer. I have 180 to order. I am behind.
We are going to start packing soon. It feels daunting, but we are really excited to get to our new home. We are going to have to just do a few boxes a day for the next several weeks. I thought it was going to be really scary to have a house of our own, but so far it has been a relief. It will be nice to be accountable to ourselves and be able to make decisions and paint and update when we want to. It is also a great feeling to be paying towards something.
Ahh...I feel like a grown up.
Already??

1 comment:

Ben & Leah Weins said...

Deep orange paint for the bedroom, here we come! (: