2.21.2010

My dear Emma-

Emma has a wonderful ability to stick to her guns. I am hopeful that this means that in later life, it will translate into standing up for what is right, and for being a protector of her siblings. Always the optimist, I am.

Right now, what she sticks to, are her own ideas. This particular day, she would not yield to my request, and chose to sit in time-out rather than to listen to her mommy. She was very sweet about sitting in time-out after a bit. I checked on her periodically, and asked, "Are you ready to listen to Mommy yet, or do you want to sit in time-out?" She replied, "Time-out." After an hour and a half, she fell asleep, and this is how I found her.

"Dear Emma,
You are very stubborn. I hope that you had a good nap.
Love,
Mom"

Emma wanted to share her snow suit with her baby. So, naked Emma puts baby in snow suit. :)

1 comment:

Rammells said...

I'm so glad to hear you have this same conversation. Ours goes something like, time out...are you ready to talk about it, I"M NOT READY TO TALK ABOUT IT, time out... and on and on...
What funny three year olds!