2.21.2010

Some Owen love

My dear little boy loves to climb into things. We have a few baskets, and he delights in emptying them and climbing on in.



Laundry day is a favorite in our house. Owen loves the laundry baskets that are available for his pleasure, and Emma enjoys getting all of her clothes returned to her.

One of Owen's other favorite "toys" are bottles. He is consumed for many hours by the tops. He likes the screw-top kind, as well as the flip kind. So, in these pictures, he is very happy because he has an empty chocolate syrup bottle to play with.

I tell ya, this kid is wrapping himself around my heart more each day. I can't decide if he is my baby still or not, but it matters little, I think. He loves to look at books, and will try to say new words when he wants to make me happy. The other chunk of the day he points and whines, and at times grudgingly uses words.

I remember when I was pregnant with him, I worried, as I have heard other women do, that I could not possibly love him like I did my first baby. Of course, on the other side of it, we all know that is a silly worry. Somehow your heart opens and creates a little place for each new person you welcome into your life. They are so very different from each other, my two children, but they each have given me a mother's heart. I am almost surprised that I am so in love with them. I find myself gazing at them, in their good moments, and being so overwhelmed with thankfulness that I am able to spend so much time with them, and share the simple moments together that mean so much to each of us. In the moments that are not so gushy and gooey, I love them, but watch the clock until daddy comes home a little closer. :)

No comments: