8.18.2008

here we are

We made it!

We packed up a truck last Sunday and drove out Monday morning. It was a long trip. But, we won't have to drive that again. It was a weird feeling, knowing that we may never be back there.

Last week my husband and I got a lot of the office type stuff done, we updated addresses, tried to put things where they needed to be, and I tried to learn the town. It's not Kansas City, so it shouldn't be too hard.

This is the first day of work for my dh. I remember feeling this exact way last year, on May 15th. He went to work, back to reality for everyone. I don't know a soul here (well, there are the aunts and uncles (: ), and am trying to keep busy and keep my sanity. Once again, it's a strange feeling to be alone, to not talk much all day, and to keep up some energy for the sake of the babe. I feel like I had just started to find a niche in KC, and then left. But, it was hard, and I don't think it was the place for me, or us. I think that we'll find some people to hang out with here, and then life will feel normal again.

I have been feeling different, physically, in the last few days. I feel myself really slowing down. My body just can't keep up with my mind. I get frustrated, because there is a lot I want to do, but just can't do it all, or even much of it. I really have to prioritize, which is challenging. There will be a time when I have energy, and am motivated again, it will just be awhile.

The baby room is all put together. We put the new crib together and arranged the room. I need a mattress pad, but that's all that is missing. It's kind of fun to go stand in there, and imagine a little baby. Once again though, I am going back and forth between being really excited, and being a lot of other things. It's just hard timing. Once I get into the groove I'll be fine, but it's scary thinking about the next 6 weeks. I don't know if I have ever been this scared. Maybe scared isn't the right word. I just, well, maybe it is.

The lovely town in which we now live has some fun things I'd like to share. I am going to take some pictures and show you how different it is here. It's been fun to see.

More later!

~due date: 10 days!!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Scared is a good word for it. You'll be amazed how much smoother the second time goes. At least I was. It's great to hear that you made it up there OK and are beginning to get settled.

Rammells said...

Anne, You're my hero and inspiration. Turns out, Justin and I are moving to Utah in a couple weeks for his 'dream job' and then I'll have the baby there. Do our lives really have to keep mirroring each others? Hang in there and good luck with the baby!