11.13.2008

My Top Ten Favorite Products

1.Tide- I love Tide! I don't know what I was thinking before I tried it. If you haven't, seriously, it's worth it. It gets out any stain. Even things that had even been washed and dried came clean. I can not say enough good things about Tide...

2. ALL free and clear-unfortunately, Emma is allergic to Tide :) So this is a fantastic substitute. To be fair, I haven't tried to get out anything as tough as I did with Tide, so it might be just as good. It is actually probably a little better, because it doesn't irritate her skin.

3. Sally Hansen nail and cuticle pen- it was inexpensive, and it does a wonderful job of hydrating your cuticles and your nails at the same time. It comes in a tube that looks like a pen. You turn one end to get the product to come out the other. It is dispensed onto a little brush, so it is really mess free! The biggest reason I went for it though, is that you don't have to rinse it off, and you don't have to put it on and wait for 5 minutes. I must admit, I have even used it at red lights!

4. Vaseline healthy skin and nails-the best lotion ever.

5. Infant swings-what did they do without them? No wonder women died early, they were just so tired and stressed, that maybe an eternal rest didn't sound so bad...

6. A modern washer and dryer-ok, so I know there are very, very few people who use the old fashioned kind now. But, when we moved in with my grandpa, he has an old washer that had a motor to wash, but you still had to wring the clothes out after you rinsed them. And, (correct me if I'm wrong, dear siblings) but I am sure he did not have an electric dryer either. So we spent a lot of time doing laundry. Now, I only have four people to do laundry for, and I wash a load just about every other day. I cannot imagine how bad we would stink, how chapped my hands would be, and how tired and behind I would be without these modern conveniences. I think knowing that just a couple generations ago they did not have such a thing makes me appreciate it that much more.

7. Fruit of the vine-maybe this isn't technically a product. But, after a long hard day, when my stress level is through the roof, nothing beats a lovely glass of wine, or a cheap homemade margarita (the kind that comes in a big plastic bottle, with the name of a cheesy restaurant on it, and the tequila is already in it).

You know why there was so much "fellowship" in biblical times? It's because they had wine people! The story of water being turned into wine is a classic example. Jesus made more wine because he knew that without it, it wouldn't be nearly as fun. :)

8. Coffee- need I say more? This should probably be closer to the top of the list. Hmm...washer dryer vs. coffee.

washer dryer vs. coffee

tough call...

9. A computer-there are days when this is the only outside life I get. My sanity may be in perilous danger without it.

10. My camera-I am able to freeze time with the push of a button. I absolutely love to pull up a chair and flip through some old albums. I believe it's a luxury we take for granted. Once again, it wasn't so long ago when it wasn't so easy to take pictures, and not everyone had a camera.

The runner ups include a garage, chap stick, slippers, and the printing press.

:)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Have you tried Tide free? That's what I used for all of us when C was a baby instead of dreft.