11.03.2008

picture this

When I was an early teenager, I received call waiting for my birthday. I had been begging for it for a long time. It started with an incident when my dear mother lost track of time, and I waited for a long time to get picked up. Each time I called home I listened to that dumb busy signal, and I wasted no opportunity to recount this to my parents in an effort to bend their will to mine. Admittedly, I also wanted it so I could talk to as many people as possible in one sitting.
Close to my birthday, as I was sitting in the dining room talking on the phone, I noticed a beep. I didn't really think much about it. Later on that day the phone rand and it was my dad. He had news, the beepy phone call meant my wish had come true. Call waiting at last!
A few years later, my desire was for a phone in my own room. So, the relentless begging began, and ended with my dad telling me that if I helped, he would install a jack in my room. As one can imagine, I was ecstatic.
So, it doesn't take much effort to relate to the apple of my eye. I can easily see, as can you, that I have successfully passed on my love of the phone to her.



















She loves that thumb!














She is a good mommy, most of the time. There are moments when she leaves baby behind as she takes the stroller for a spin. There are also times when she is careful to bring baby with her, then immediately hands her off to her dad or me. (at least she is responsible enough to find a babysitter) Everyone needs a break though, right?





Posted by Picasa

No comments: