4.01.2008

Itsy bitsy baby

I haven't really taken any pictures in the last few days, and nothing terribly exciting has happened. I did go to the mall and spend my birthday gift card, which was fun, but nothing much else has happened. So, I was browsing through pictures, and am reminded how much I enjoy looking at past times. This first picture was when she was just 13 days old. I remember that I was tired, but so happy. I'm pretty sure I was wearing sweat pants, as I did for a few weeks and felt kind of gross. It felt so good to put jeans on again.
This was the same day. I was talking the other day how foreign the idea of swaddling a baby is to me now, but that is what you do for weeks. I need bigger receiving blankets this time. Jess was able to do it so much better, so when I was going it alone in the middle of the night I would break down because I just couldn't do it! She would kick her feet just as I was folding the top, so her feet were now sticking out, and it would all loosen and I would have to start over. Ahh...good times. This was when crazy Anne had more than one blanket on her, which I am sure would have been enough. I put her in a sleep sack once, and when Jesse was changing her diaper, he said, "pants too?". Yes, I believe she had a onesie, a sleep sack, pants, and socks on! Once again, it may have been a little excessive. I don't recall if she was swaddled or not. If only they had a little temperature gauge, that would make it so much easier!
The day before, so 12 days old. I guess we were more up and around than I remember. A proud daddy with his beautiful girl. This shot was for his new job's newsletter. Seeing the apartment in the background makes me cringe a little, it was so tight in there towards the end. We literally had things stacked on top of things, that is where they belonged! The bathtub (Emma's) was kept on top of her dresser. Pretty much every available inch of wall space was used for furniture. Little babies need so much stuff!

This was in early June. The Bumbo chair is awesome, so if you know anyone having a baby, it is a great gift. Most people would never buy one for themselves, unless they know someone who has one. She hung out in hers a lot. We thought she was so big! We think she is really big now, and of course in a year we'll be saying, "we thought she was so big!". She grows quickly, that is for sure. She now gives you a sort of hug when you ask, and she loves kisses. She doesn't use her mouth (if you're lucky), she just leans in and lets you kiss her, then giggles profusely, then comes at you again. If only we could understand why these things are so funny!

1 comment:

Ben & Leah Weins said...

I love how big her feet look in perspective in the June pic - I just can't believe how tiny she was! You do look so happy - I can't wait to see what it's going to be like with the second little one coming soon... (: