3.31.2008

my awesome husband

Last week I overheard my husband on the phone, after which he admittedly denied. So, as we discussed it, it became apparent that he had something up his sleeve. It is hard to know that, and not know what it is! But I tried trickery, and schmoozing, and just old fashioned talk it out of him, but got nothing. So...I waited.

On Friday afternoon I got an email saying that maybe we shouldn't do pizza for dinner after all. I knew something fishy was going on! Then at 5:30 he pulled up with a BABYSITTER! I was literally in gym pants and a t-shirt, and my hair in a weird ponytail. It was so fun! So I went upstairs and changed, and he explained everything, and then we went out! We ate at a Chinese buffet, which I thought was all we were doing, but then we went to a movie also. We saw 21 with Kevin Spady, which was pretty good. It was really fun to be out, as a surprise, and be out of the house after 9:30, together. It was so fun. It was just a blast to not know what he was planning, and to have such a good time. He rocks, doesn't he?

Then we did errands on Saturday. We had a fire that night and watched two episodes of Lost.

On Sunday we got some paint, and painted our living room, and most of the upstairs loft area. It was my first time painting, so I had to have a few lessons. Jesse, however, is a painting pro, and did awesome. He trimmed at least half of the downstairs area while I gave Emma a bath, then had some ice cream and talked on the phone while she played until bed. I know, my part is rough. He doesn't even need tape to trim! I'm pretty lucky, I tell you. We had fun though, and we are really happy with the color. The kitchen is next. It is going to be a much bigger job, but will be so cool when it is done.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he sounds amazing