6.01.2008

low key weekend

Nice weekend, didn't do much. It was kind of hot and humid, so it was nice to have some air conditioning, and we enjoying it! We pulled the shades down and avoided going out. We walked to the neighborhood garage sales up the street. I had seen a double stroller the day before, and had thought about it, but decided to go check it out again. We rolled up in time to see someone carrying it to their car. Shoot. I wasn't that in love with it, so it wasn't much of a sting. We went on, and saw a house that was closing down. I mentioned that we were looking for a double stroller rather than a single, and he husband trotted down to their basement and brought up an awesome side by side. It is one of the top three brands, one that I would seriously consider getting. After getting to steer it, I think that I would get a side by side rather than a front to back. It was pretty nice. She said that you can order a parent cup holder/tray, which is really one of the most important features for me. Their stroller, however, was missing a piece that releases it from the folding position, an important piece if you aren't carrying a screwdriver with you in your diaper bad. She was going to check on getting a replacement and call me. Even if she doesn't get back to me, I'm pretty excited. No stores carry good double strollers, the side by side models at least, so it was a great happening to be able to see and try one in person.

I continue to warm up. I read in the expecting book today, that because your metabolism speeds up (I think I got that right), you feel much warmer. Yeah, that's about right. For the first time, I am hotter than my husband, and have turned the air down during the night several times. Is it air down to get colder, or air up? I say down, because you turn the temperature down. There are those that say up though, because you are turning it up to make it work, thus making it cooler.

Emma is getting better in church. It is really encouraging to watch her learn how to behave, a little. I think she is understanding that we sit (and stand and sit and stand and kneel and stand...), not walk around or play. She sat with the hymnal and flipped through the pages during all the readings, and we didn't have to take her out until much later than we have in the past weeks. So, it's getting better. I think I am starting to relax a little too. She talks a little, but that is what babies do. And, from what I have seen, there are plenty of older kids who talk, and adults also. So you can't get mad at me because my 15 month old talks a little!

I don't think anything profound has happened lately. We did laundry today, and it is the first time in a long time that it has been washed, dried, folded and completely put away in the same day. I had very, very little to do with it. It's a great feeling though.

If we are going to be outside at all this week, I think we better get in gear earlier than normal, to beat the heat. Emma will go to door and whine if we don't go out at all. She had a meltdown the other day. It was a true tantrum. She walked around the kitchen and threw herself down. Her face was very red and blotchy. I teetered between feeling really bad for her frustration, and being amused at her dramatic display. I'm sure it will grow to be more frustration on my part, as these displays become more frequent.

No comments: