3.05.2008

So I am one of those sneaky parents who gets their kids to eat veggies. Emma will eat them, off of a spoon, with macaroni. But, if she looks close and realizes it's a carrot, she will balk, so you have to add one noodle in front of the carrot, and then it is fine. Today she attempted to eat with a spoon, and it went ok considering it was the first time. She isn't really motivated to do it by herself yet. I am. So I need to push myself to have her try several times a day.

It's funny that sometimes you think you are over something and you really aren't. How the simplest thoughts or actions get you all wound up over something. I think being humble is so so so hard. I want to be, I really do. But it is really hard to let something go. When someone has offended you and doesn't apologize, it's hard to forgive them. They don't always know, that is true, and those are so much easier to get over. But when they do, and then they don't, then you can't. Grace is vital in growing in virtue. I realized I need to really find verses and use them. I need to realize that I am not the most important person in the world. And I am offended, and probably have good reason to be, but so what? Get over it. Hurt feelings are not, contrary to popular opinion, that big of a deal. Easy to tell yourself, hard to learn.

I got some flower seeds and pots yesterday. I may be taking on a few too many things, but we'll see. They won't really take a lot of time, once I get them started. I wish I could actually put them in the ground, but may have to rely on pots. Maybe I can find a bunch at garage sales.

She acts so strange when she is tired. Her attention span dwindles at an alarming rate. And she talks a lot.

I believe we are having fish for supper. And some vegetable medley. Mmm...

Then I need to work on some school stuff and plant some flowers. I really need to figure out how many seeds to put in one pot. Sounds dumb, I know, but this is my first attempt at starting from seeds.

2 comments:

ME said...

So, um...it wasn't me, was it?

Unknown said...

uh ... same....
was it me?
:-(

...oh....
i just realized I logged in with my
acct for m'love & me... pardon my
user name, I'll get another set up asap