3.10.2008

Tonight is the last book/bible study that I attend through the mom's group I am a part of. It is such a fun group of ladies. The book was about Lent, and she has such awesome perspective. She had three sons, all who died tragic deaths. The last few chapters is about love, and about the joy and hope we have, even during the hour of sorrow, the cruxifiction. It is really moving. It can really be applied to our life, even when it is so so sad, there is hope and joy and promises that are for us. It's really awesome. Not the most uplifting all the time, but really good.

I was ambitious and cleaned our bathroom today. It was kind of gross. It's bad when you notice how dirty it is, and you know that if you see that, everything else is gross too. So, it's clean now! I think the bathroom is my favorite room to clean. It feels so sanitary and good to be in when you are done, and it usually needs it the most, and it lasts for awhile. There is nothing like getting ready, brushing your teeth, perfecting your hair, in a clean bathroom.

Tonight I think Jess is having noodles and broccoli, and I was going to have a burrito. But then I saw the yummy soup, so I might have a turkey sandwich (is it bad to have two in a day?) and soup. I am telling you, turkey, mustard and pickles is the best thing out there people. MMMMM!!!

I borrowed our neighbors jump start box. You don't need another car, you just hook it up. We must have a pretty good battery. It started right up. We may get one of the boxes. It would be nice to have if you needed it, and it is about 60 bucks, which really isn't bad. I am waiting patiently for our manual so I can figure out how to override the dumb feature the does not allow it to shift when the battery dies. So don't worry people, no one can steal your car if your battery dies! I don't understand all the logic that goes into these things, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I am getting tires tomorrow. I think that Emma and I may walk to Sonic, because Jess isn't going to be home for lunch. So it should work out great. We are spending 350 dollars, what's 8 more for lunch? It kind of hurts to have all these big expenses at once. It feels like we are spending more than we are saving. But, when you buy a new vehicle, that is what happens, I guess. And when the tax system is so complicated and goofy that a typical family has to pay someone as much as it would cost for new tires to do their taxes, it adds up.

I realize that Emma and I only have five months or so to hang out together. We have these tender moments that I am so going to miss. I know I am not going to look back and wish it were different that it is, just like having one baby, but there is still something that is never going to be the same. It's probably better that way, she needs to learn to be patient, to share, to not freak out when she is ticked off. I think I am going to have to find a good strong willed child book, because we are convinced that is what has been served to us. Maybe we're wrong, but it sure feels like we aren't. She is this happy little girl, but not very tolerable to other people's ideas at time. And she definitely will let you know. The arched back, the flailing on the ground, the attempts to convince you something is killing her ever so slowly. Strong willed, I'd say.

Supper time, supper time, sup sup supper time.

2 comments:

Rammells said...

We finally found you! Thanks for putting the address up on your facebook.

Your little girl is getting so big, it is amazing how fast they grow up. Hope your second trimester goes well. Diana just entered her second also.

Tell your husband hello.

Unknown said...

He he- my mom has lots of books about raising a strong-willed child. (Not for me of course...for Anna). I'm sure you could borrow some if you would like. I'll let you know what selection is available when I'm home!