3.07.2008

Today~

7:45 ish- up and at em'. Emma says, "I'm hungry!" So I get her up, and her diaper has leaked and she is wet. I change her clothes, which usually waits until at least after her bottle, then we head downstairs to get a bottle ready. Back upstairs and I get dressed, back downstairs for breakfast. We got to hang out with Jess for a few minutes before he leaves. That was nice.

8:30- bath #1. I was in a hurry because there were fireplace people coming to clean our fireplace. I got soap in Emma's eyes, and she cried :( So it didn't go well, but she was clean, so that was good.

9:20- the neighbor stops by to see if the fireplace people had been here yet, because he wasn't home. He had called to see if they could do ours first because he wasn't going to be there for awhile. Emma was asleep. They hadn't, we talked for a few minutes, he left.

9:45- fireplace people arrive. It reminded me of a modern day Mary Poppins. They were much cleaner though. I talked with the landlady. There is a cracked something, so we can't burn more fires until it gets fixed. That may be 2009. I like the landlady, but the best future prediction if past behavior, and her track record isn't great. No fire tonight. I told her we were going to have a fire tonight, and she says, "Is it your anniversary?" She is funny. No, just Friday! Everybody left.

10:30-Walmart calls to say that the tires we ordered were on back order for two months. oi, or however you spell that Norwegian word. Ok, I'll deal with that later, or Monday.

11:25-after consulting with an expert, I learn that you can put a few seeds in each pot, so I begin my planting. I don't get very far, about one and a half planters, and Emma gets up.

11:40-bottled and jacketed, we head out to the consignment sale! I have no cash so I head to the bank. I pull up to the atm, and remember that I don't ever carry that card on me, so I back up and pull into the first lane. Well, I tried. The van action is a little different than the grand prix action, so I was like an old lady who could drive, I kept doing a curb check with the back right, and the wall was in front of me on the left, and there was a pole on the right I would hit, and do some major damage, if I just went over the curb. So it took several tries, and I finally got to the window. I was slightly embarrassed, but I blame it on the van, and hope the lady forgets about it? She totally won't, I remember what you say about the people who do that in the drive through. You laugh, sorry people, it's true. And they don't have many customers, so when you are one in fifty, and do something memorable, they are going to remember. Oh well.

11:45-I'm off

11:50-where in the heck am I?

12:15-oh yes, not the convention center, the trade center! whoops. I made it though. It was much bigger than the one in the fall, or maybe it was just organized better. There was a lot to look at. I saw a great changing table, but it was kind of pricey. I may swing by on Sun for the half price sale to see if it is still there, I would pay half of what they wanted. I got the baby a few things, she doesn't need a lot, including...




a swimming suit! It was kind of fun. I think she will really like the pool. Now, we just need to find a pool! lol. The hotels this summer will have one, and for three bucks, if she only wears it twice, I'm not that worried.

12:45-I am checking out, call Jess, he is not home anymore, so I don't see him for lunch. That always makes the day seem longer. :( So, I'm a little bummed. But I got a cute pair of maternity capri's, so I'm excited. My husband is not a huge pair of capri's, but maybe pregnant carpi's will strike him better. Strike him more? He will think they are more striking? Anyway, I got them, and a riding toy for outside for the Emmster, and a couple of decorations, and a few clothes. I was hoping to score a moby wrap, but if anyone would be crazy enough to get rid of theirs, I'm sure it was gone at the presale last night.

1 something-home. hungry. lunch time.

2 something-dishes, finished my planting. Emma is so good. She didn't even fuss at the sale, and she played by herself while I planted. I was standing there, and my mommy radar kicked in and I walked to check on her, and lo and behold, she was on step five. She loves the steps. I need to do better at closing the baby gate on the bottom, because she scoots up in a flash. Other than that, she did really well. So then we played, I had an apple and we watched a little people's court. I thought she had sat in a puddle that was from me planting, but then I noticed that it wasn't drying very fast. Then, a few minutes later, I noticed there was another wet spot on the other leg. Hmmm....so we should change. I smelled, and it definitely wasn't water. So upstairs we go. She must have had something that didn't agree with her, because it wasn't a wet diaper. So, bath #2. This time she got to play for a long time. She put the washcloth in the measuring cup for me, and I dumped it out. She then learned that the duck bubbles when she puts it under water, and squirts when she has it out of the water. Ten minutes right there. So, she stands up, and I ask, "all done?", and she agrees. Out she comes. I wrap her in her towel and we watch the water drain. She has a diaper rash from pre-bath #2 diaper, and it's good to let it air out a little. So I put some lotion on her and let her walk around the bathroom. It's not the first time I let her. Just for a few minutes to air out. The thought enters my mind, that she could pee and wouldn't that be the icing on the cake? The thought is in the process of exiting my mind, and the cake is being frosted. So I grab toilet paper, and start mopping. She has this look like she might be in trouble, but doesn't know for sure. Of course she isn't. She really can't control that very well. (Don't get me started about signs and pots people, they are babies!) So it was time to put the diaper on. We are both tired people. So I dress her in another outfit, it seems to early for pj's, and lay her down for a mininap, and I grab a glass of diet pepsi, and hope to gain some energy for the home stretch. It doesn't seem like a big day, I certainly didn't do a lot of running, but something has made it seem eventful and long. Maybe because it's Friday. The current time is 4:15. I have stuff I could be doing. But the dishes are done, the kid is clean, our laundry is caught up and the bed is made. So this is some me time. The me time is running out though, so I better call a couple of tire places and look for bf goodrich 250/65/16 traction ta tires.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys can use our neighborhood pool :) I won't be there during the week, but Anna and my mom went almost every day last summer!

ME said...

Great blog, but you never tell us what "carpi" pants are...I bet they're scaly. With fins?

Unknown said...

Oh Oh speaking of flowers....

Harriet Carter has these products (kinda cheesy) that I keep thinking about every year .... its pre-seeded flower mats! One is shaped like a ring, to go around trees, and the other kind is a long runner, like for a sidewalk border. My green thumb is getting rather dry & brown, so I think the already-planted seeds might work for me!

Of course, we've been in our house for how many years.....? .. ... and still no flowers....? *grin*