3.06.2008




Yesterday Emma slept for three hours in the morning, and I kept her up in the afternoon so we could get a bedtime established. The night before she just wasn't tired and stayed up until past eight, but the week before she went to bed before six. So we are looking for a little bit of consistency. It worked really well. She was happy, and she and Jess hung out until bedtime, and she went without a peep. She didn't wake up at all during the night either! Yeah!! Usually she yells, and I think it is because she is awake and wants to get up. But she went until almost seven, so I gave her a bottle and really hoped she would hang out for a half hour or so. But she didn't get up until ten! So, I don't know if she will take a nap at all today, and it will be interesting to see what it does for her bedtime. I have heard to never wake a sleeping baby, but she is less of a baby, and I don't think it would be terrible to wake her in the morning, and then let her take a nap. I am thinking that may work better, but for now I am letting her be in charge.

Yesterday evening I bumped the letter bus, and the lady came on to tell us about "v" and what it "says". It was hilarious. It's hard to convey a tune, but the other 25 letters are totally normal, and then there is v. It sounds, um, almost inappropriate! Like this lady is in a bar or something. It is pretty funny.

I need to make some phone calls today, and get some appointments set. Ugh. I don't know why it seems like a big deal, it isn't!

I really want to do more things together, on the weekends. We do everything together, but not a lot of entertainment. So next weekend we may try to go to a WWI museum downtown and get something to eat. It is easier to take Emma these days, so I am looking forward to that. This weekend we are going to the mall, not all that exciting, to get Jess measured for his tux. Woo-woo! We also have to look for witch socks from the wizard of oz...and shoes, from the wizard of oz. They are doing a video or something at Jess's office, it sounds fun.

So I am trying to find a balance of fun and relaxing. I think we relax a lot, which I really like, but it is nice to go do new things together, once in awhile. And there should be plenty of fun this to see downtown when the weather gets warm. And it will be easier with one than with two.

I really like Les Miserab. (sp) I am on page 50 something, so only 1500 more to go, but it is such a good story so far.

Emma is really too tall for under the table, but she really likes it, but she bumps her head, then gets frustrated. Well kid, I hate to tell you, but you are just going to keep growing!

Dishes time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I need to make some phone calls today, and get some appointments set. Ugh. I don't know why it seems like a big deal, it isn't!"

I SOOOO understand! I have to get myself all psyched up to make these phone calls... and then half the time it turns out to be no big deal. But I haven't figured out how to just sit down and make a bunch of business calls all in a row.


... Oh, yay, looks like setting my nickname worked. No more evil big sis :)